Meeting facilitation & community engagement
- Using an independent workshop facilitator is a powerful and proven way to get staff and stakeholders on board, draw on their knowledge, and break down barriers. You are free to fully participate in the discussion, without having to worry about facilitating as well.
- Need to move your meeting online? No problem - our Principal Consultant Renée Madsen has successfully facilitated dozens of online sessions in our post-COVID world!
- Renée is an expert in designing meeting processes that keep people engaged, achieve meeting goals and bring out the best in the group. Her track record includes designing and delivering effective meetings and workshops for:
- stakeholder consultation, steering committees, community reference groups and technical advisory groups.
- community engagement events, e.g. public consultation forums, communication forums, emcee / moderator duties.
- strategic planning sessions for Boards and Management Committees.
- staff teams and executive teams, e.g. culture building, decision-making, planning and target-setting.
Do you want to become a better facilitator?
- Community Reference Group facilitator for the Sunwater Burdekin Dam Improvement and Dam Raising Projects.
- Strategic planning with Drive It NQ - operators of Townsville's first permanent driver education and motorsport facility.
- Strategic planning with Board of Management - Everglow Community Care
- Team reconnection session with Access Therapy Services staff
- Stakeholder workshops in the agriculture and natural resource management industries
- Decision-making with Steering Committee - Burdekin Regional Natural Resource Management Plan
- Planning day for a volunteer group - NQ Speedway Kart Club
- Regular facilitator of Sunwater's Community Reference Group for the Burdekin Dam Improvement and Dam Raising Projects.
- Strategic planning with Boards of Management, Steering Committees, project teams and community groups. Read our Drive It NQ case study and Everglow Community Care case study.
- Workshops for community reference groups, steering committees, technical advisory groups and others in the agricultural and natural resource management industries. Read our case study.
- Target-setting workshop with over 20 stakeholders from industry, community, government and research for the Queensland Government's $33 million Major Integrated Project.
- Public consultation forums to obtain input for the Burdekin Dry Tropics Natural Resource Management Plan.
- Forum for over 20 volunteer groups from across North Queensland to provide input to a local Landcare Support Strategy.
- Industry consultation forums for primary producers and other stakeholders in North Qld sugar and grazing.
- Training sessions in facilitation skills for Qld Government Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF), Moreton Bay Regional Council and Australian Evaluation Society.
- Decision-making, goal-setting and prioritisation workshops for project teams.
- Reflections meetings and team reconnection sessions for teams and stakeholders to celebrate successes, identify challenges and consider lessons learned. Read our case study.